Sunday, December 24, 2006

Second Recovery Week

Tues - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:00mins/km
Wed - 70 mins, 14k's @ about 4:50-5:00 mins/km
Thurs - Surge and Hills
Fri - 40 mins, 8k's @ 5:00 mins/km

I was originally going to get straight back into hard training this week, but by the time Tuesday rolled around, I realised that the hard 25k in heat and over a few hills had taken a greater toll than I had anticipated so another recovery week was on the cards. It felt good to map out a recovery week bigger than all my training three months ago!!

Tues - An easy 10k along the Kedron Brook

Wed - A cruisey 70 minutes with Slash and Aza along the Brisbane River. Ran into Tori, but no sign of Tesso and Clairie - I hope their Wednesday river loop is a real run and not a figment of their imagination ;-)

Thurs - PCRG Xmas Run. One of my fav sessions - surge and hills. Glenda issued a none too subtle reminder that I've got a fair bit of work to do with my core strength. Seeing me shirtless, she made as if to test out my abs with a punch and then pulled back with a grimace when she realised that they weren't quite rock hard! Something to remember for motivation when I'm in the gym this Summer!! With everyone dressed in Xmas theme, I ran solidly on the surges but was the first to lead the way to the QUT Grass hill which I attacked with a vengeance. I then led throughout on the hills. Whilst everyone else made their way to the South Bank pool for the Xmas breakfast, Glenda, Langy, Daniel T, Robbie and I resisted the temptation to join them and did a full 15 minute warm down at marathon pace. Great way to finish a session. It was nice to pick up my second Group award for the year and I again chose the BCC Gold Class passes - thanks to those who voted for me!! That's a pic of Glenda and I finishing our warm up run.

Fri - Easy 40 mins in the arvo followed by a rub from Bruno. My first homestayer arrived as well. A 23yo Japanese bloke by the name of Hiro who loves soccer and hates tomatoes. He's already been in Toronto for seven months so his English is quite advanced and we're getting along well so far. On the downside, I bumped my head into the garage door quite hard and am suffering through a bout of tinnitus at the moment. I have to try and hear through a constant ringing noise in my head and can get dizzy at times but should be over it in a week or so.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Ha ha, if you wanted to see me Wednesday morning you should have diverted your run up Adelaide St and then up 11 flights of stairs and visited me at work, I was just finishing a night shift (and wishing IT was a figment of my imagination).

I'm so pleased you picked up the Group Award on Thursday, its so fitting that on our biggest day of the year the person who is the most deserving of such an award won. Honestly, the PCRG would not be the same without you Matty.

Hope you and MJ have a fantastic Christmas time. Can't wait to see what 2007 has in store for you, I know its gonna be good!

Samurai Running said...

Merry Christmas Matty.

Congratulations on the group award well deserved by what I hear.

Hitting garage doors hey, sounds like your a bit "don kusai" ask Hiro he'll know what it means.