Saturday, December 30, 2006

Back in hard training!

Tues - 3k WU, 4k's @ 4:10 mins/km, 3k WD
Wed - 90 mins, 18k's @ 4:55 mins/km
Thurs - 3,2,1 mins, 30 sec efforts with 30 JR. 30 SR. Repeat
Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:00 mins/km


Tues - A grinding tempo effort in steady rain. Went to a mates place later on for several beers whilst watching the Boxing Day test. Instead of playing cricket at lunch, we went down to the nearby sports field for mud footy. The game started off as touch but the second half degenerated into tackle footy. I managed not to do anything stupid with my legs although I picked up a nice graze on my butt after sliding several metres to touchdown for a breakaway try before the defence arrived.

Wed - A solid 90 minutes in the rain. Not another runner to be seen. I love running in the rain knowing that I'm doing my training when my competition is perhaps skipping a session.

Thurs - Long fartlek session at Pats with about 30 of us turning up for the first post Xmas session. I didn't have a great deal of zip , but my endurance came to the fore in the jogging recoveries and I finished third behind a standout Andy C and James.

Fri - Easy recovery run late in the arvo.

No comments: