Sunday, December 17, 2006

Satrday - Recovery and refelections

Wed - 30 mins, 6k's easy
Thurs - 40 mins, 8k's easy
Fri - 40 mins, 8k's easy

While my indestructable rival from Kurrawa, Glenda was chasing Langy, Andy, Gaz and co at speedwork on Tuesday, I took the day off and just concentrated on walking around and stretching as much as possible. DOMS peaked on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning but I've since recovered well.

Easy runs on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday passed without incident and today saw MJ and I at Movie World where we had a great day out. Gees, the Lethal Weapon is a helluva ride!!!

I've had plenty of time to reflect this week and my efforts on Sunday have given me the confidence to break new ground in 2007. As Scott Brown said to me, 'you've learnt that a steady, injury free build up is the secret to success.' With an easy week behind me, am really looking forward to my Gold Coast campaign.

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

Being quoted by someone so fast, I'm really chuffed :)