Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gold Coast Marathon Taper - Week 2

Tues 23 June - PCRG 3K TT - 9:44

Ran the new PCRG TT course this morning which means I was unable to compare my time with exact precision to previous efforts - but near enough is good enough in this instance! I was slowly away after missing Pat's call of "Go" and then ran through the first few metres fiddling with my watch trying to start the stopwatch function. After stumbling over a speed bump, I finally got it started after about 10 seconds and proceeded to set off after Hayden and Nic who were already flying up front.

Ran steadily enough enough through the first k and worked hard to pick it up on the return leg but with Nic and Hayden well in front, nobody pushing me and no idea of my exact time, my 'A' game wasn't quite there. After consulting with Pete who finished behind me, I calculated my time to be 9:44 - my 5th fastest ever. Will give myself a pass for this one.

Tues PM - 30 mins easy

Wed 24 June- 70 mins, 14k's @ 5:02 mins/km


Comfortable effort by myself along Kedron Brook.

Wed PM - 30 mins easy

Last double session day before Gold Coast.

Thurs 25 June - 50 mins, 10k's @ 4:57mins/km

Fri 26 June - 5 x 2mins, 30 sec efforts


Controlled efforts at about 95% at PCRG - I wish there was some conclusive scientific evidence recommending the maximum effort permitted at speedwork during a marathon taper!

Sun 28 June - 90mins, 18k's @ 4:58 mins/km

Relaxed Green Bridge Loop effort by myself breaking in some new Brooks Spiderman socks for the Gold Coast Marathon in the process. Legs felt like they'd done nothing afterwards.

*** Total of 73k's over seven runs for the week - down from 89k's last week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.