Monday, June 09, 2008

Slow recovery from ??????

Whatever affected my performance in the Doomben 10,000 and in the nine days prior to that hadn't quite gone away as of Sunday. Seemingly, I had a cold or virus and missed work on Monday and Tuesday. But the cold/virus never really bothered my head or chest - ie there was no runny nose, sore throat, cough or watery eyes. Just that my body was very weak and deprived of energy. The legs haven't quite been the same since.

Tuesday - did not run

Wed - 30 mins, 6k's @ about 5:20 mins/km
Very easy run - legs weak. No chance of doing the scheduled 90 minutes without risking major damage.

Thurs - 50 mins, 10k's @ about 5:10 mins/km

Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ about 5:10 mins/km

Not up to returning to speedwork - another very easy run. Lungs felt good. Legs felt crap.

Sun - 120 mins, 23k's @ 5:29 mins/km
My slowest long run in years - just as well as I didn't join the gang leaving the Ship Inn - I would have been dropped inside 400m. I gently eased the legs through the run. Started late and was hungry when I commenced and starving when I finished so whilst the legs didn't get much out of it the digestive system got a good depletion session.

Back to speedwork tomorrow and we'll give it a crack and see how things go

No comments: