Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy days are here again!

Tues - 1min/30JR/1min,45SR, 5mins, Repeat 1st sequence

Plan was to hang on to the back of the lead pack at around 3:25-3:30 pace no matter how crap the legs felt. Quite a few people must have been suffering the effects of their long runs as I was able to run in the pack comfortably. Legs felt like jelly a few times but I got through well.

Wed - 90 mins, 20k's @ 4:27 mins/km
Green Bridge loop with Glenda and Andy - very pleased with this session given I could only manage 5:33 pace three days ago!!

Thurs - 50 mins, 10k's @ 4:58 mins/km
Started the run late in glorious sunshine thanks to sleeping in after the Mighty Maroons glorious 30-0 shellacking of those pea hearted cockroaches - YES!!!! Life is good indeed!!!

Fri - 2 x 3 mins with 30JR, 30SR, 6min, 4 x GC Hill

Started my favourite session in the heaviest fog I've seen in Brisbane in my five years of running around the city - in fact I've possibly never seen a pea soup like it before!!! We could not even see the other side of the river!!! Took it out hard and it was nice to finish the 3 min reps just past the City Cat stop on the path to Mertyr Bowls Club - about 20m short of my best result but very acceptable given the legs are not yet 100%. Turning around and squinting through the thick fog on the Riverwalk I was pleased to chase down quite a few people but couldn't nail the brilliant Pete. Was sucking in the big ones by the time we attacked GC Hill and just kept battling away honestly.

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Glad you're happy Matty but don't get too cocky, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

"Pea hearted" that hurts ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Matty, have just come back from a month overseas with work and have enjoyed the ride of your blog from 10k PB to illness and recovery! Glad that you're feeling better.

On another note, your advice about tight calves and shins etc. seemed to be prophetic - my physio has me on reduced kms and excercises for achilles problems (caught it just in time.....).