Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good week






Some great shots of last Friday's session in the fog including me on the Goodwill Bridge with the Riverside Expressway invisible in the background. Hammering up GC Hill on the last rep and the Story Bridge.



Sun AM - 130 mins, 28k @ 4:36mins mins/km
Sun PM - 30 mins, 6k @ about 5:15 mins/km


Ran 5-35k self select at BRRC with Damo F. Wanted to do a 'quality' long run without letting the pace get ridiculous and felt I achieved that. Backed up for an easy jog at dusk.

Tues - 20 mins hills/fartlek


Led early before being passed by Jase whose fitness is on the improve. When Pat called for us to finish off with five minutes of running up and down the hill, I joined Jase and we spurred each other to hammer ourselves running side by side for our last two reps.

Wed - 90 mins, 20k's @ 4:20mins/km

Joined Glenda and Beth in ideal running conditions for a Green Bridge loop. Beth peeled off early leaving Glenda and I to work together. That didn't last long as Glenda dropped me approaching UQ and blazed away at 4:10 pace. I was satisfied with my 4:20's with the legs continuing to improve and the fitness ensuring my HR was not too high.

Thurs - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:01 mins/km

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What I want to know is, who keeps turning up to training with the camera? The last thing I want when I got for a run is the extra weight!

Amazing conditions. In all the years that I lived in Brisbane, I don't think I ever saw fog like that.