Friday, March 13, 2009

Training hard


Wed - 20k's @ 4:10 mins/km

Andy rocked up to my Wednesday run for the first time in a while so we all knew the pace was going to be on this morning and so it proved. Seven of us set out in a pleasant light rain and dark overcast skies. Sure enough, Andy was picking up the pace before we even reached Coro Drive and first timer, Jase, Glenda and I went with him. We rolled along comfortably to UQ and worked strongly up to Highgate Hill where Glenda peeled off. We really picked up the pace on Riverside Drive where low and sub 4 min k's were the order of the day. I was starting to tighten up a little and lost contact with the Andy and Jason but only remained no more than 5-10 seconds behind, finishing in 77:57 - my fastest time ever, with Andy and Jason about 10 seconds in front. Very pleasing run, except for the last 3k's my body was quite relaxed and I handled the pace easily.

Wed PM - 30 mins easy

Thurs - 50 mins


Ouch, toddled along painfully this morning after two days of hard training.

Fri - 3 x 2 mins, 30WR, 6 mins, 2 mins


Went out hard at one of my favourite sessions with Jase right on my heels when we finished the three 2min reps. I started to fatigue on the return leg and lost ground on Jase who really is in sensational shape at the moment. Had a gut busting finish and was reasonably strong in the final two minute "surprise" effort that we all knew was coming anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work matt, just remember not to get too carried away and leave the racing for the races and training for training.GC is still a little way away.