Monday, March 23, 2009

The last 10 days...

Sun 15 - 140mins, 28k's @ about 5:00mins/km

Attended Jimmy and Nic's wedding the previous night so delayed the run till the afternoon to recover from the demon drink. It was a scrappy run with too many stoppages for tight shoe laces from my new Glycerin 7's, taping my Plantar Fasciitis and #2's.

Mon 16- 30 mins easy

Did Sunday PM run this morning to catch up.

Tues 17 - 8x 1min, 30JR.

Attacked this session hard, keeping close to the in form Nic and then passing him on the third rep which was uphill, before being overtaken on the next rep. Ran out the session strongly enough.

Tues 17 PM - 30 mins easy

Wed 18 - 90mins, 20k's @ 4:28's


There was never going to be a repeat of last Wednesday's hard session and we took a while to get out of 5 min pace but Andy and I trained strongly enough, finishing at a little quicker than marathon pace.

Wed 18 PM - 30 mins easy

Thurs 19 - 50mins, 10k's @ 4:56mins/km


Fri 20 - 4 x 3 mins, 60SR

My aching legs were protesting by the second rep but I ignored them and ran hard and controlled before wrapping up with a gut busting last 400m. Surprisingly, Pat did not give us a surprise extra rep which was just as well as I would have been struggling.

Sun 22 - 150 mins, 30k's @ about 4:50-4:55 mins/km

Ran with the PHRG crew for the first 90 mins and had some good patches were i stretched out comfortably. Being the longest run of the year to date, the last 20-30 mins was rough in some patches but I kept my momentum nicely enough.

Sun 22 PM - 30 mins easy

No comments: