Thursday, April 17, 2008

Taper week for Brisbane Half



Tues - 20 min hills fartlek

Last hard session before the Brisbane Half and I really put in - see photo above. The jogging recoveries on this session are quite long and enable you to really hammer it on the hill and the other sprint area in the Botanic Gardens.

Wed - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:11 mins/km


Gentle taper jog on the Kedron Brook running out some stiffness and soreness from a physio session with Shane at the Gabba the previous day.

Thurs - 2 x 4 mins, 30SR. 3 x 2min, 30JR back

I don't really like the last speedwork session before a big race that I'm tapering for. Mentally I am in two minds as to how hard to go. Today, I ran about 3:40 pace for most of the way only hammering it for one minute during the first two minute rep. Felt strong and fit throughout.

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hey Matty

nice expression on your face in that photo. The last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it ;)

All the best for the half.

Unknown said...

Hey Matty,

I've been following your blog for a while. I've noticed that in a lot of photos you have calf skins on. Do you (or did you) have shin problems, and if so, do the skins help (I have intermittent shin dramas).

All the best for the half!

Superflake said...

Good luck in the half Matt. Looks like that last session was tough from the photo.