Monday, May 25, 2009

110k week



This photo shows why you should watch out for overhanging branches when running Cross Country :)



Wed 20 - 90mins, 20k @ 4:27 mins/km, Last 4k 16:48

First 50 mins a real struggle and I trailed off the back at times and it had nothing to do with the steady rain and cold winds. Came home steadily enough though.

Wed 20 PM - 30 mins easy

Thurs 21 PM - 50 mins, 10k


Had no choice but to run at 7:50pm after a long day of hard yakka - COMMITTMENT!!

Fri 22 - 2 x 3min, 1 x 6min, 3 x GC Hill


Didn't make it as far outbound as I did at other recent sessions of this. A typical speedwork session for the high mileage stage of the marathon prep - I was heavy legged and the body was protesting but I was breathing easily. Its a strange combination for those who have not experienced it!!

Turned up to Andy's Buck's Party tonight a little late.......24hrs too late actually and instead of sampling Huongs Vietnamese, I had to settle for Subway. Now that your peels of laughter have subsided, let me assure you it could happen to you. A Thursday night Buck's Party could have fooled anyone :)

Sat 23 - 40mins, 8k easy

Finally got this session done in the morning.

Sun 24 - 170mins, 34k's @ about 5:00-5:05 mins/km

Did my first loop out to I'pilly via the Walter Taylor Bridge. Despite being happy with my eating and hydration prep on Saturday I had an off day, struggling physically and mentally. Was well off the pace after 30 mins and lost sight of the boys several times over the second half of the run. A session to forget, except for the fact, I banked 2hr 50mins on my legs.

Sun PM - 30 mins easy


Felt better than I did this morning. Shame I had to stop.

No comments: