Sunday, December 07, 2008

PCRG - 3KTT

Tues 4 - 3KTT - 9:54 (3:11, 3:27, 3:16)

This time trial was all Nic, with the young fella bolting away into the distance to clock 9:17 and smash Gaz's PCRG record of 9:27. Gees, it hurt to see him over 100m in front of me over the last kilometre considering we were duking it out head do head earlier this year before I reached the high mileage stage of my marathon prep. Even a welcome appearance and a 9:35 from Australia's M45-49 3000m record holder David Sweeney couldn't stop Nic.

Further back, Adam bolted away from me at the start in a valiant attempt to beat his 9:48 PB despite a lack of recent training. He proved the perfect rabbit for me dragging me through the 1st k in 3:11. My uncooperative legs suffered through a 3:27 second k before sibling rivalry kicked in and I ran past Adam at 2400m to record a fair closing split of 3:16. That makes it ten sub 10's for the year. I'll take it and hopefully have some real speed back in my legs soon.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

No don't worry Matt, CR fossil the Australian 50-55 3000m record holder runs 9:09. Still work for the young gun yet.

Unknown said...

It just goes to show that speed is a relative term - I'm not sure I could hold 3:16 for 1k, let alone the last of 3k!

As a side point, I recently did some maths while doing a speed session with my Tuesday morning group. We figured that the Olympic mara winner would have gained about 400m/km on me..... now that's depressing!