Monday, December 22, 2008

Kurrawa to Duranbah 2 x 25k relay






Some of the key sessions over the last fortnight:

Tues 9 - 17 mins of hills
- Fairly strong session in the Gardens - see attached picture

Fri 12 - 4 x 3 mins, 1 x 2min

With Pat in Sydney for Kerryn McCann's funeral, he promised a special guest coach. I waited with interest to see which former elite runner Pat would secure, but instead he scraped the bottom of the barrel by asking yours truly to take the session. So, there I was pushing the pram along the river and barking out instructions. Pinched a quote from Wayne Bennett's book, "Don't die with the music in you" where Bennett reveals how he urges players "Don't stop three steps short" in sprinting drills and I made that the theme for the day's session. Fortunately, a good time was had by all and importantly, the PCRG safety record remains intact!

Sun 14 - Kurrawa 25 return leg 1:50:50 - 7th overall team.

After the obligatory obscenely early wake up alarm, Slash led us out running 1:50 for the opening leg with temps 24 deg at 5am. I started my leg solidly enough but was 19 minutes behind the leader from the word go and we were no hope of defending our male team title. The PF started to tighten after 7k and I leaked time till 15k when Mark finally caught up with me in his car. Took 90 second pit stop to retape the PF and then with not a great deal left to run for, ran home solidly in 29deg heat to clock 1:50 including the pit stop - eight minutes slower than last year's leg. I've been managing the PF issue for 2.5 years now and its the first time its cost me time in a race. Luckily it didn't happen in Melbourne.

Tues 16 - Fartlek

Being restricted at Kurrawa, I didn't have the usual DOMS that comes with a hard run of 25k or longer so it was back to speedwork today and I trained solidly.

Wed 17 - 90 mins, 20k at 4:27's

Felt real good today and ended up moving ahead of Glenda and the boys.

Fri 19 - 6 x 2 min, 1 x 2min

Pushed all the way by Andy - ran a positive split of 10 secs for the three return reps. Not bad considering we started out like a bat out of hell.

Sun 21 - 120 mins, 25k's @ 4:42 mins/km

Solid run with Wayne, Scotty and Aza.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found it on this website called [url=http://tipswift.com]tip swift[/url]. You can find it there.
cheers
edit: wrong post

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.