Friday, November 21, 2008

Wild week!

A wild week of storms and heavy rain in Brisbane but training continues unabated:

Tues - 2/1/2 with 30JR x 2, 3 min


Spent the session chasing Nic D who has improved in leaps and bounds the last few months. Through the steady rain He steadily pulled away from me in the first set but I was able to limit the damage in the last two sets. Nice to have someone a fair distance in front of me so I have a target to chase as I work my way back to top speed and beyond.

Wed 90mins - 19k's @ 4:38mins/km

Green Bridge loop with Glenda.

Thurs - 2 x 4 min, 1x 2k

A rare appearance at Thursday speedwork due to a couple of drinks planned at the cricket. Ended up being a bit of a debacle. Shaw Rd along Kedron Brook was flooded, so I had to turn back and drive down Sandgate Rd. ICB was flooded, so I diverted to the city. I was 200m away from making it to the session when I saw Pat send the Group on their first four minute rep. I stretched, did strides and waited for the guys to return before joining in from the second rep. Went ok for the first two minutes but ordinary after that. Finished off with a woeful 2k rep by myself in 7:14 where my watch fell off with 200m to go and I stopped to pick it up. Forgettable session.

Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:14 mins/km
Another heat acclimatisation session.

No comments: