Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back in business

Tues - 8 x 1min, 15WR, 3 x 30 on/off + 3 hills on grass

Eased into session and finished quite strongly - good to blow out the cobwebs and run fast for the first time in five weeks.

Wed - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:03's

Thurs - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:08's

Fri - 2 x 3 min, 30SR, 6 min return, 3 x GC Hi
ll

Pysched myself up to go as hard as I could for as long as I could to shock my system back into getting used to running fast. Went to the lead and was pushed by newbie and 9:48 time triallist Ryan the whole way. Finished up in New Farm around 20 metres short of where I last did this session. Battled back home in 6:11. Buggered after that and struggled through three hill reps. Satisfying session.

Sun - 115 mins, 23k's @ 5:08 mins/km

Started at 8am and battled through the heat approaching 30 degrees at 10am. First heat acclimatisation session ahead of Kurrawa to Duranbah 2 x 25k relay on December 14th. I have the return leg this year as Slash and I attempt to defend our title in the male teams category. It feels good to say that - "attempt to defend our title......"

No comments: