Friday, July 17, 2009

Honeymoon week











PHOTOS - IN ORDER
- Matty and MJ
- Undara National Park
- Undara National Park
- Nearada Tea Plantation
- Four Mile Beach



Last Monday following my Gold Coast Marathon DNS was a tough day struggling with the cold during a plane flight to Cairns and a bus trip to Port Douglas. Fortunately, I over the worst of it by Tuesday morning enabling me to marry my beautiful bride and soul mate, MJ on the beach at Port Douglas. Eloping is great fun - I highly recommend it!!! We ended up having a great honeymoon with the highlights being Port Douglas, the Undara lave caves, Mossman Gorge, Daintree River, Cape Trib, the tablelands and on the the last day snorkeling on the reef, when we were lucky enough to have an 8m Dwarf Minke whale swim right beneath us - one of life's magical moments!

Running wise, I managed to scrounge together five runs totaling 50k's:

Wed - 45 mins, 9k's easy along the beautiful Four Mile Beach that doesn't have the significant camber other beaches do
Thurs - 30 mins, 6k's easy around Port Douglas
Fri - 30 mins, 6k's easy mid arvo run around the Nerada Tea Plantation near Mareeba
Sat - 45 mins, 7k dawn trail run at Undara National Park in the heart of the savannah land littered with granite and basalt rock. Was a great feeling being on a bluff lookout by myself 3k's from the camp amidst the beauty of the land.
Sun - 110 mins, 22k's easy run from Port Douglas out of town to the foot of the range and back.

3 comments:

michael said...

Matty and MJ, I am not sure you remember me but COngraturations !!!
I noticed from your attitude you get married some day soon,
Pleasant surprise to find out you finally married!!!

David said...

I wondered why you had gone MIA , no GC Report! now I know why!

Congrats to you and MJ!

Sounds like you had the perfect start and my best wishes for your future!

Glenda said...

You sly devil...congrats to you both...very nice piccies.
Glenda
(now an ultra runner)