Thursday, February 19, 2009

Road block

THE BAD NEWS - I have only done one of a possible nine speedwork sessions in the last four and a half weeks due to a mystery virus that has sapped me of the strength to run at full speed and on bad days has sapped me of the strength to run at even 4:20's. My plans to return to speedwork on Tuesday were thwarted by contracting a stomach virus from MJ despite staying away from her and sleeping on the floor of the rumpus room for three nights!!! I went 30 hours without food and was over the worst of it within 40 hours and was back on the road this morning for an easy 40 mins.

THE GOOD NEWS - Despite this being the worst four week period I have had health wise since May, 2006, I have still managed to rack up 78,79,80 and 70k's per week for the last four weeks!!! That is more mileage than I was doing in a good week as little as 12-18 months ago so I'm confident I've lost very little fitness. Hopefully my immune system is now ready for the rigours of the 4.5 months leading up to the Gold Coast Marathon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurry up and get back to it Matt...or else you'll be eating my dust.