Saturday, December 22, 2007

Post Kurrawa report

I walked into the kitchen at work on Monday morning after Kurrawa chortling at how well I had pulled up from a hard 25k only to reach down into the fridge to get some milk and pull a back muscle resulting in intesnse spasms. I left the office an hour later to go home and lie on a heat pack. Fortunately, Bruno saw me at the end of this day for an emergency rub and was able to relieve the problem. This is about the fourth or fifth time I have had exactly the same problem which was originally sustained trying to bowl a cricket ball at 140kmh three years ago. I seem to relapse every six months.

Fortunately, I pulled up better on Tuesday morning and was able to do an easy 45minutes running with the group at PCRG. The rest of the week was a recovery week with no fast running - which I had planned anyway. 65k's all up.

Tues 18 - 1min and 30 sec efforts with 30SR
Spent the annual PCRG Christmas session dressed in festive gear and duking it out with Andy for a solid session.

Wed 19 - 90mins, 18k's @ 5:03 mins/km
Late run on empty stomach starting 9:10am. Finished at 10:45 with no real hunger pangs to speak off. Really happy with how my body is taking to this fat burning caper.

Thurs 20 - 2 x 3 min with 30SR, 6 min, 4 x half GC Hills, 2 x full GC Hills
Went out hard and really asked some questions of myself, trying not to save energy for the 6 mins back. On the run back, I managed to run down the immediate runners in front of me and arrive back in a pleasing 6:03. Didn't have much left for the hill reps but did them all.

Fri - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:15 mins/km
Easy session on tready.

No comments: