Sunday, August 10, 2008

Melbourne Marathon Campaign underway



1st place photo - PCRG Cocktail Party 'Vanity Award'


I didn't miss a beat after the Gold Coast Half, diving straight into my Melbourne Marathon campaign. The key points of the last month are as follows:

- I have added a Tuesday arvo/evening session of an easy 30 min run to my program taking me to seven sessions a week which will be a permanent move only dropping back to five or six sessions on the odd recovery week.
- At the PCRG Annual Cocktail Party, I won the "vanity award" for my now infamous photo above. The prize was a mirror!!
- Have got two 150 min long runs under my belt
- Made it eight straight sub 10 3k time trials after running 9:56 behind Jason H last week.
- My lead up races will consist of a Sherwood Forest 6k, Noosa Half and another Sherwood Forest 6k. As the GC Half taper and recovery came 13-15 weeks out from the Marathon and cost me long runs, I can't afford to give up any more Sundays to race. Hence the two Saturday morning 6k races at Sherwood that have been pencilled into my program.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just make one pose infront of a camera, and what happens - it haunts you forever!

On a different note, thought I'd let you know that you're analysis of possible reasons behind my shin problems (i.e. tight calves and incorrect stride) may just have been on the mark. I'm slowly recovering from Achilles problems caused by - you guessed it - really tight calves (you know there's an issue when the physio says "oh, wow, haven't seen that in a while").

I've also been correcting my stride (less stretch forward, more kick behind) and feel like I've never run stronger. Thanks for the tips.

Good luck with Noosa!

Tesso said...

Ha, you may have won the Vanity Award but you failed to mention a girl beat you in the plank challenge this morning.