Thursday, January 24, 2008

Six sessions a week

Sun 13 - AM - 120mins, 24k's @ 5:07's
Sun 13 - PM - 30mins, 6k's @ about 5:10's


Finally, after the green light from Coach Pat, I added a sixth weekly session to my training. My body has been in pretty good shape for 18 months now, my running technique is finely tuned and quite efficient and my body is screaming out for more work!! The spirit was willing to do this three years ago but the body probably wasn't ready - lets hope my patience will be rewarded. The theory behind the Sunday twilight run is that the body will have a rest day on Monday and still have two rest days a week to recover. The morning run was cruisey and I made an effort to eat and drink all the right things during the day. Really enjoyed my easy twilight run and the legs felt great!

Tues 15 - 12mins of 30secs on/off then 2 mins

Wet and slippery session in Botanic Gardens. Not at peak but honest.

Wed 16 - 90mins, 18k's @ 5:12 mins/km

Tired and sluggish.

Thurs 17 - 50 mins, 10k's @ about 5:10mins/km

Fri 18 - 2 x 3 mins, 1 x 6 mins, 3 x GC Hill.

Worked hard outbound. Legs lacked a little zip when returning in 6:13.

Sun 20 - AM - 120 mins, 24k's @ about 5:10 mins/km
Sun 20 - PM - 30 mins, 6k's @ about 5:10 mins/km


Tues 22 - 15 mins hills

Very sluggish during and after warm up but went hard from the word go and managed to force myself to do the session on muscle memory. Not surprisingly, I felt great afterwards.

Wed 23 - 90mins, 18k's @ 4:59 mins/km
Had to dodge two BCC choppers spraying for mosquitos in the Boondall Wetlands. Real hot dog pilots pulling of all sorts of moves.

Thurs 24 - 50 mins, 10k's @ 5:15 mins/km

No comments: